Sunday, January 13, 2008

Memories on Doorsteps

Cobalt Glasses with Disposable Camera, Film Roll, and China Shard


The first time I visited Oak Blvd. in Waveland, I was inspired to stop and get out of my vehicle and introduce myself (something I don't normally do as I'm fairly shy) to a lady sitting by her drive in the humid August sun one year after Katrina. She was tending to a few flowers which had announced themselves beautifully within the overgrown Katrina-wracked yard and from that moment, we have been in touch. I have visited her and her mother each time I have been to the coast and wouldn't miss the chance to chat with them for anything.
Considering all the "things" Katrina removed from people's lives, friendships seemed to grow in place of things. Like little tokens lying on the doorsteps to a lost home, friendships sprouted from devastation and took away some of the pain. I have made some wonderful friends because of Katrina and though I lost a dream I had because of her, these friends are a beauty that can't be washed away.


Windows to Memories


Blue Daze


Songs in the Key of Loss


Slide Show


Blue Catfish


Table Saw


Box of Dreams


Beautiful Past


Montreal


Memory Shards


Wallet with Blue


Honra A Tu Padre

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

I heard of Hurricane Katrina from the news (I live in England). I am glad to see you are documenting the aftermath.

January 24, 2008 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Sad to see what look likes a very old piece of slate with an inscription has been shattered. These hurricanes are no respectors of lives or memories.

January 24, 2008 at 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home